Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thanks!

All is right with the world again!
Dan made it out of surgery with flying colors!  Dr. Nagda was very nice and professional, and even a little cool!  He took pictures throughout the surgery and showed them to me afterward--it was like looking inside a chicken breast.  I had no idea what I was seeing, but he seemed to think it was awesome that these metal anchors and sutures that repaired Dan's tear in his shoulder tendon fixed everything.  So, I think it's awesome, too!

He has this huge black sling contraption to keep his arm stabilized, and he basically can't do anything with only his left arm.  So here I am, the helper, trying so hard not to hover while still being available for anything Dan needs.  It's very bizarre to be in this position, only for the fact that I haven't had to "help" him like this almost ever.  There was that one time when we were dating that he got either food poisoning or a 24 hour bug that was so bad, he had to stay overnight because he was too sick to drive the half hour home.  But other than that, he is the rock.  But I can be granite, too, so I will do my best as he recovers!

He is resting comfortably on the couch with our 5 year-old, so I am headed to the bus stop to get our older child.  Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers--they helped him get through without any complications.
Pictures to come later.
Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Anne! So glad all is well. I know exactly what you mean - Norm is a rock, too. Your last post made me cry a little... I'm so glad you are turning to God (as is He). I don't know if I said it out loud, but of course, please let me know if you need help with anything. Looking forward to the winery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your husband is a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete