Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rainy Saturday

Wow, April is FLYING right under my nose. . . ha, ha.  I had to put that in since it's been all about my nose for the last several weeks.  I had one minor setback with an ear infection this week, but we are on the mend and breathing wonderfully.  By the way, LOVE the sinus rinses (some call them neti pots?).  I HIGHLY recommend doing that if you are congested. 

So enough about nasal passages. . ..  I have a new charge, and her name is Adella,"Addie" for short!
 She is the 20 month-old daughter of a friend who recently started back to work and needed to find a good, safe place to leave Addie.  She chose ME! (Shocker, I know. :)) Ella and Brennan loves her as a little sister (we have previously babysat for her as a part of our neighborhood co-op, which, by the way you ALL should have in your neck of the woods!) and she is unbelievably smart and easy. 
I truly love her as if she were my own daughter.  Here she is reading with Ella.  It's about 4-5 hours a day, Monday through Thursday, and I actually miss her on Fridays when she is with her mom and dad.  I will only have her until the end of June, so it's really just a chance to keep me busy during the day so I can't go shopping and spend money.  It's been a really good indicator of what our life would be like if we had decided to have 3 children.  If our third was just like Addie, then I would end up with like 6 kids, but God is funny that way--life would probably have been much different.  But, God IS good in that he has allowed me to get to know Jenn and Justin (her parents) better and to love Addie.  She is a true blessing to all who know her!

Tune in on Monday when I add another "Anne's Favorite Things" entry: Peace Walk Productions.  This is my friends' (Shlomi and Elise Ben Yair) production company, and their recent short film, Heaven is Waiting, has been nominated for an award at the Milan International Film Festival.  I can't wait to tell you all about it!
Thanks for reading!
Anne ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment