Saturday, April 3, 2010

Samantha Stephens would be miserable...


I survived surgery.  But I can't even wiggle my nose without pain.  Imagine trying to do magic without you nose?  Impossible.

My septum should no longer be deviated and my sinuses should now be mirror images of each other.  I think the procedure itself was like 45 minutes, but recovery took much  longer than expected.   I have traditionally not been a good recovery patient--it takes me a long time to come out of anesthesia.  But when they gave me demoral for the pain, I had an allergic reaction (From watching ER, a lot of people seem to have addictions to this drug--I guess I will never be one of them.).  I remember crying from the pain of a headache and some serious fire in my nostrils and someone saying ,"Do you have the epi ready?", which totally freaked me out.  I couldn't stop shaking.  Then I apparently got the maximum legal doasge of Benadryl for an adult and was in happy heaven.  I don't remember much after that except just wanting to get into bed.  And I slept from like 3  until 8pm.  The surgery was at 10 am.  A long day for us, but Dan was such a great support and help!  He even stopped to get me a Gyro and Yucca fries! (Since my cousin, Jimmy Ryan, has been in Afghanistan, I have given up eating french fries until he comes home.  His brother, John, gives up Coke, which is his own vice.  So, I figured that I would do the same to honor my wonderful, strong, loyal and loving cousin, Jimmy, while he is in harms way.  Dan figured that Yucca fries would be a nice exception.  They are yummy, but nothing like the french fries that I CRAVE!  What a wonderful man!  He knows just what I needed and wanted without sacrificing my convictions!)  Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me this week.  I believe in the power of prayer and love you for your belief, too!
In other news, I have officially become a soccer, baseball, and softball mom--and darn proud of it!

Brennan at his first Blastball practice (Dad is the coach!)

Saturdays will be our Baseball and Softball days and Sundays are soccer days.  I am so very proud of my kids and that they are learning some valuable skills while enjoying the outdoors!

Finally, we have a milestone to brag about.  Ella lost her first tooth on March 31st at Brennan's blastball practice.  The adult tooth was right behind it, so we were pretty happy to see it come out.  And Ella gets to go to the dentist on Monday and show off her open space!  My little girl is growing up!

Can you find the space?
Time to take another pain pill and slip into sleep. 
Happy Easter!!!  May you rejoice in knowing that Jesus died to bring us eternal life and rose from the dead to make us know it is so.  My favorite holiday of the whole year!  I hope that your basket is as full as mine!
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your surgery went well. The first tooth is a big milestone! Taylor had two loose teeth last year and actually let John pull them both out!! She wasn't as brave with the second two and they lasted until they were hangin on by a thread! :)

    We are doing well and still enjoying San Diego. SO nice to see the update from you. Happy healing!

    ~Kendall

    ReplyDelete