Saturday, February 12, 2011

Standing

I figured that, as with any undertaking, I need a goal...a mission statement of sorts.  I really like my fellow bloggers because they stand for something.  Actually, they stand for many things. And so do I....
Barb stands for knitters, for writers, for mothers of daughters, for wives who follow their husbands, for women who find it painful to stand.  I just realized how that must feel--to stand for something when you can't actually do it?  What a perspective that gives, huh?  Oh, and she loves yoga, too.  Back to standing...I know Barb stands for a lot more than that, but if you want to see more, then go to her blog, too.

 One Crafty Mother stands for women who are crafty, obviously--she makes beautiful jewelry.  She stands for mothers who are real, for women who are recovering, for women who fight evil everyday in our minds, for bloggers everywhere.  I just started reading her posts, so I am still learning about her mission. 

My wonderful friend and author of Dishrag Diaries stands for a better and healthier world, for environmental change even one step at a time, for organic living, for graceful mothering (J, I inserted that one myself because I think you are a graceful and fantastic mother.).

So what's my stance?  What is it that I stand for...?  I am still thinking about this, but I had some good ideas come to me in the shower (I hate that good ideas seem to get to me when I am least likely to be able to write them down.  Anyone out there know what I mean?).  I stand for military wives. I stand, specifically, for Coastie wives.  I stand for all those moms who are trying to do it all, no matter what "all" means to you; for women who fight depression and anxiety; for taking every moment for what it is and seeing it as if you've never seen it before; for being crafty; for loving God and talking to him on a regular basis (not daily, but like every few seconds).  I stand for parents everywhere who are strict in the hope that their children will appreciate it later; for making mistakes, owning up to them, and then learning from them.  I stand for the humane treatment of animals and other humans.  I stand for writers and creating other good writers through teaching and mentoring.  I stand for mothers trying to raise confident sons and daughters who respect themselves and others without letting others disrespect them. 

Well, that's a little bit of who I am and for what I stand.  I hope that you will keep reading to see what I have to reveal.  Whether you agree with me or not, I welcome your comments and constructive criticism.  Especially if you see any mistakes in my writing!

I hope that you are enjoying this weekend as much as I am.  This blogging thing is just way too much fun!
Thanks for reading!
Anne ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment