Friday, October 16, 2009

Chips and Dip

Good morning (or good night to many of you)! 
I am sitting in a "kiddie" IKEA chair with my laptop on my lap (so it doesn't overheat--I really need to get one of those fan thingies) listening to my poor little Brennan cough up a lung.  He hasn't taken his medicine in 24 hours and the meds from tonight aren't working all that great.  Even with the humidifier going on HI, he is having a heck of a time.  I'm also not that great of a mom since I kept them up until 9 tonight.  But, hey, they were stellar at the commissary until 8 pm!  You see, D is on a trip to CA with one of the CG VIPs and anything goes when Dad is away!  Ha, ha!  The joke is on me as I write this at 12:20 am and have to get up in 6 hours to get 2 kids to school.  But, I got my shopping done (with a few added impulse buys thrown in by the kids) with little disruption.  And the house is pretty clean!  Go figure!

I am on a search for this new spirit called Firefly.
 I did a little research and the company is out of South Carolina (I should have known--I went to school at FU in SC and it certainly doesn't matter that it is in the Bible belt--the liquor stores just close earlier.).  Anyway, I couldn't find it at the Quantico Exchange, so I got what they had: Sweet Carolina Sweet Tea Vodka.  Guess where it is distilled?  Maine.  I think I will stick with the true Carolina "Hard" tea introduced to me by my wild and crazy friend, Lisa Phy (love ya, girl!).  I am traditionally a whisky girl, but I have switched to this new craze and am happily warm.

As I was making some yummy things for my stamping party tomorrow, I mixed a little Ranch dip for veggies.  When I was a little girl in Phoenix, AZ, I remember my mom making me "chips and dip" for  a snack after school or on the weekends.  So, I opened a fresh bag of Wavy Lays and had me some chips and dip.  It brought back some nice warm fuzzies (well, that could have been the sample of the vodka).

Well, I will leave you with a nice thought: I think I may have to go and clean up some sheets due to an overactive cough.  Sorry about ending this with that.  But it's a good thing I stayed up.
Thanks for reading!
Anne ;)

1 comment:

  1. Your a GREAT mom. I hope Brnnan starts feeling better soon. I miss and your kids, dogs, etc..

    ReplyDelete