Tuesday, October 20, 2009

If all advertising were like Sesame Street commercials

So, my son just ran into my room (he is in the Family Room watching Sesame Street) screaming, "Mommy, I just saw this on Tee-Bee [yes, it says TB--not a typo; he also says DcDonald's--cracks me up every time!]!"  I'm thinking to myself, "But he's watching PBS--there are no commercials!"  Then, his smiling face comes dashing through the doorway saying, "Mommy, it was on the TB!  I want a CARROT!  They were eating carrots and I want one!"

Well, by golly, I got my lazy ass off the bed, put the laptop on the table, and went and found him a big ole carrot!  Not the baby carrots--nuh uh!  We have the giant, organic ones that used to be all we could find in the store.  And his face just lit up with happiness.  It was not chocolate covered or candy--IT WAS A FREAKING CARROT!  How happy can a mother be?!?!  I gratefully skinned that sucker and handed it to him as fast as I could before he changed his mind.  Oh, I forgot to tell you that he did have a lollipop in his other hand but gave that a hiatus for the carrot.

Why can't all commercials be like those on Sesame Street??????

Off to go get Ella from the bus.
Thanks for reading!
Anne ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment